Morning Rain Publishing is pleased to announce we are open for submissions!
Throughout the month of January, we will be accepting Young Adult titles (speculative fiction, romance, and literary leaning genres). If you’ve got a YA novel looking for a home with a cozy micro-press, check out our submission guidelines, review our current titles, and discover if MRP could be a good fit for you.
Wondering if you’ve got the right stuff? Here’s how to find out:
- Write a query letter, no more than one page, and be sure to provide your name and pen name (if you have one), the genre and target audience, a paragraph about your novel and why it’s exceptional, the word count, and your previous writing experience. If you don’t have previous publications, don’t worry, tell us a bit about yourself—we like to know you’re human.
- Write a one to two-page synopsis—no more than 1,000 words—outlining your novel. Be sure to provide character details, plot arc, and spoilers. We need to know what direction the story is taking and how it will end.
- Include the first 5,000 words of your novel. Remember, grammar and punctuation do matter, so submit your very best work.
- Package it all up, using the most uninteresting font you have (probably the default), and paste your entire submission into the body of your email. Please note: we don’t open attachments unless we ask for them!
- Email your submission to email@example.com. All submissions will be reviewed and responded to by February 28th, 2017.
Submissions will be open from January 6th to February 6th, 2017.