Morning Rain Publishing will be open for submissions from January 2nd to February 28th, 2018, for a special anthology to benefit The Friendship Bench. This important organization provides awareness, guidance, and funds to support mental health initiatives at universities, colleges, and high schools across Canada.
Mental health issues don’t discriminate between age, gender, ethnicity, or wealth. Everyone is affected, and anyone can offer support to those who are working to manage the expanse of illnesses and difficulties mental health can encompass.
We invite you to share your stories with MRP, so we can create a heartfelt anthology with the theme of friendship and family, focusing on supporting, acknowledging, and heralding humanity and its unlimited capacity for kindness. In exchange for your creativity, if your story is selected, you’ll receive:
- Bragging rights.
- One print copy of the anthology.
- The opportunity to purchase additional copies of the anthology at a reduced contributor’s rate, keeping in mind that proceeds from all sales will go to The Friendship Bench and its mental health initiatives.
- An invitation to the launch and MRP’s 5th Anniversary Party in the fall of 2018
Please note, there won’t be any royalties, since all profit will be gifted to The Friendship Bench.
Want to participate? Here’s how:
- Write a story of 3000 to 5000 words with the theme of friendship and family.
- Send us a query letter including a brief synopsis of your story and a bit of background about you.
- Package it all up, using the most uninteresting font you have (probably the default), and paste your entire submission into the body of your email. Please note: we don’t open attachments unless we ask for them!
- Email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. All submissions will be reviewed and responded to by April 15th, 2018.
Full submission guidelines are can be found here.