Submissionshow you can be the next great MRP author
At this time we are only accepting submissions from Canadian writers, although we might make an exception for Canadian content written by a non-Canadian. What we are looking for:
- Full Manuscript (more than 40,000 words)
- Women’s Fiction, including romance, chick lit, cozy mysteries, drama, literary, and short story collections
We are currently not accepting at this time:
- Biographies and Memoirs
- Young Adult/New Adult
- Religious and Inspirational
- Children’s Picture Books
- Photography Collections
We are also not accepting novellas or short stories, however, this may open in the near future.
All submissions (electronic or paper) should include:
- Query Letter
- Include your legal name, pen name, genre, target audience, and word count
- Provide a paragraph pitching your novel
- Tell us why your work is spectacular and deserves our attention
- Don’t forget to add a bit about yourself – it doesn’t have to be publishing experience, but it helps
- One to two pages outlining your story, not more than 1,000 words
- Be sure to include character development, plot arcs, and the ending – we need to know where the story is going and how it ends
- The first 5,000 words of your novel
- Make sure your work is as polished as humanly possible – grammar, punctuation and word choice matter. We’re publishers, not grade school teachers.
Please copy everything into the body of the email. The subject line should read as follows: “Last_Name 2017 YA Submission”. Attachments will not be opened. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper submissions should be printed on 8.5 x 11 white paper (seriously, coloured paper is difficult to read), 1.5 line-spaced in a Times New Roman, 12 point font. Double-sided printing is acceptable – let’s save a few trees. Each page should include: author name, title, and page number in a header and/or footer.
If you wish to know if your submission has been received, please include a self-addressed stamped postcard that we can put in the mail immediately upon receipt. Alternatively, an email address in the query letter will also work.
Submissions will not be returned.
For a speedy response, please provide a small SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) so we can respond by mail or an email address so we can respond electronically.
If you wish to have your submission returned, please provide a large SASE with sufficient postage. Mail to:
Morning Rain Publishing
Please stick to the submission guidelines. Submissions without query letters or synopses will not be read or responded to. Paper submissions without a SASE will be recycled; however, if you supply an email address, we’ll be happy to reply via email with our decision.
We have no preference to format, electronic or paper, but we do love to receive post of any kind… except junk mail. Please don’t send junk mail.
You may submit more than one novel; however, it must come as a separate submission. Do not send more than one query in the same email or the same envelope. You should also note in your query letter that you’re sending multiple stories. We’ll create a file just for you.